9. Buffalo Bills are 2-0; Tied for AFC East Lead- Not even the Bills starting QB predicted this one. After a 41-7 trouncing of the Chiefs in Week 1, the Bill came out and stole the game 38-35, in come from behind fashion, from the Raiders in Week 2. It is also early to pencil the Bills in for the playoffs; however, this week’s game against the Patriots will certainly show everybody how good (or bad) the Bills really are.
8. Phillies Win NL East for 5th Straight Year- This one has certainly got a ton of press but one fact really has not. The Phillies tied the Athletics for third longest streak in history. Only two teams, the Braves (14 straight seasons) and the Yankees (9 straight seasons), have done this more than the Phillies. Pretty impressive streak for Charlie Manuel’s crew.
7. Tom Brady Wears Uggs- Brady’s new Ugg commercial is ridiculous. It has hip hop in the background as Brady prances around in a pair of Men’s Uggs. Video Below.
5. Pirates Have Losing Season Again- The Pirates clinched their 19th consecutive losing season this week. They have not been above .500 since 1991. Most children who were born when this losing streak started…. Are now sophomores in college. Good work Pittsburgh on remaining the most consistent team in Major League Baseball.
4. Dunta Robinson Not Suspended- A repeat offender against the Eagles wide receivers, Falcons CB Dunta Robinson has been fined a mere $40,000 for his hit on Jeremy Maclin on Sunday Night Football. Commissioner Goodell wants to reduce hits to the head and scare players away from deliver such blows but his refusal to punish players by suspension for such hits is not scaring anyone.
2. Ron Artest Changes Name- Ron Artest, following in the shoes of another annoying athlete- Chad Ochocinco, has changed his name to Metta World Peace. Yeah, I really don’t know what that means or even what to say about that. Artest, like Ochocinco, is an attention whore and this is probably another gimmick to get back in the news. Or could it be ABC trying to get viewers for Dancing with the Stars? Who knows.
1. Fox Broadcasters Mind-Numbingly Stupid- Ok, Saturday afternoon I sit back to watch the Braves-Mets game on Fox. I am rooting for the Mets (rarely ever happens) because if the Mets win, the Phillies clinch their 5th straight NL East title. As I listen I notice monotone voices for when the Mets do something well and excitement when the Braves do something well. Were they rooting for the Braves? It was noted on Twitter. Then came one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I cannot find out who was commenting on the game but whoever it was stated that Jason Heyward should have attempted to score from second on an infield ground ball hit by Michael Bourn. OUTRAGEOUS. In the seventh inning of a 0-0 game that the Braves needed to win, this guy says that he should try to score from second? It was a routine ground ball to Justin Turner at second. It seriously was absurd and I cannot believe Fox hired these two guys to call the game.