Final: Braves 4 - Phillies 2
Losing Pitcher: A.J. Burnett (8-18) - 6.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 7 K
Save: Craig Kimbrel (46)
- Ryan Howard had a great game at the plate going 3-for-4 with a home run and two RBIs.
- Chase Utley had a multi-hit game going 2-for-4 with two doubles and a run scored.
- Wil Nieves had a two-hit night going 2-for-3.
- Ben Revere went 1-for-4 on the night dropping his batting average to .307.
- A.J. Burnett's 18 losses are the most since Steve Carlton lost 20 games in 1973.
- The Phillies went 3-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base.
- Justin Upton had a monster game for the Braves going 2-for-4 with a double, a two-run game-winning home run and two runs scored.
- His older brother B.J. hit a solo home run going 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Both Upton brothers also recorded outfield assists becoming the first brothers since 1900 to each record an outfield assist and home run in the same game.
- Jason Heyward was 2-for-3 with a walk and his 20th stolen base of the season.
- Freddie Freeman added another hit gong 1-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- The Braves went 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position and left four runners on base.
Follow Steve on Twitter @SDolan3
Follow Whiz Wit on Twitter @WhizWitSports